Please send me email me if you'd like to receive a printable .pdf of the web. The .pdf can be purchased for just US $5.00.
Spirituality: Celebrating Nature & Humankind
The Nature of God
Spirituality and the Child
Religious Symbols and Objects
Religion and Morality
It is not always permissible to explore issues of religion and spirituality with children in educational settings. This web was designed for use in settings where the exploration of such topics is permissible. Issues of religion, spirituality and morality can be sensitive topics and this web is not a value-free resource; it allows for a pluralistic exploration of religion and spirituality and advocates generally for the importance of cultivating the spiritual lives of children. You should consult with your principal, supervisor and parents before using this web and the books herein with your students. Educators are advised to examine the books listed here closely before using them with children.
• Nurturing the Spirit in Non-Sectarian Classrooms (Wolf)
• Grappling With the Good: Talking About Religion and Morality in Public Schools (Kunzman)
• Understanding World Religions in Early Years Practice (Lindon)
• Nurturing Child and Adolescent Spirituality: Perspectives from the World’s Religious Traditions (Johnson)
• Nurturing a Gentle Heart: Exploring Spirituality with Pre-schoolers (Hobby)
• The Spiritual Needs of Children: A Guide for Nurses, Parents and Teachers (Shelly)
• Caring for the Whole Child: A Holistic Approach to Spirituality (Bradford & Bowis)
• Children’s Spirituality-Teachers’ Perspectives: Nurturing Children's Spirituality in the Classroom